Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm a terrible blogger.

I must apologize for my lack of blogging lately. May has been an incredibly busy month, with moving, vacationing in Seattle (I'll post about that later, once I get all the pictures) and a lot of work.

I finally managed to steal Mike's camera and take some pictures of some DIY projects I've been meaning to share.

First off, in addition to my beloved Pyrex butter dish, I've made another purchase on ebay. I bought a vintage kitchen scale in robin egg blue, which I got in the mail from England a few weeks ago.


(Sorry for the crappy picture, the lighting in my kitchen is terrible.) I use it as a fruit basket (did you know 1 lime + 1 tomato = 1/2 pound?). I also finished a DIY project in May. With the help of a coworker who cut scraps of wood to the correct size to me (I really need to get some more tools) I built, sanded and painted a spice rack for myself. I got the project from a lovely blog called Craftynest, but changed it in that I only have 4 shelves, not 5, to allow for more finger room when grabbing the tins of spices.



I also don't think I ever posted a full-size completed version of the afghan I made back in winter.


Here it is, on my bed. It's big and heavy and oh so cozy. The finished product ended up being about 6 by 6 feet after 120 hours of work and going through $120 of yarn. Now that I've been done for a few months, I've been craving crocheting some more. I'm thinking of making a smaller throw blanket with a zig zag pattern.


This project isn't so much DIY as just updating. I got this great vintage lamp base from my grandma over a year ago and had it sitting in a closet because I didn't have a lampshade for it.


While on our vacation, I stopped by Ikea in Vancouver and bought this shade. I love the grey with the yellow!


No comments:

Post a Comment