Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A present for my bicycle


I bought myself a basket for my bike last week! I'm not a huge cyclist, but I like biking to work ( 7 blocks away) and to the store to pick up small amounts of groceries.

I found I was really limited to only being able to get whatever I could squish in my purse while biking, and now I can fit my purse, my lunch, and whatever else I desire in my basket. I got it at MEC and so far I'm thrilled with it. It also has a release mechanism so the basket detaches and you can carry it in the store with you, eliminating the need for plastic bags.

I must admit though, it's a bit different to steer having the extra weight in the front. And having a full basket makes it a bit harder to maneuver around. I used to be able to pick up my bike and carry it up and down the stairs at my work, but it's a lot heavier now.

No comments:

Post a Comment