Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mother's Day

Every Mother's day, my mother, two sisters (one of whom is also a mother) and myself go to greenhouses, wander around and pick out flowers, herbs, vegetables and other foliage for the upcoming summer season.

While I'm the only one of us four who doesn't have a yard to plant in, I do like to keep plants in my apartment. I don't get too much sun in my living room, but I think that plants (real or fake) really brighten up a room.


This year I picked up two varieties of ferns, beautiful and leafy chartreuse goldilocks, sweet white begonias, as well as a plant I'd never heard of before called Oxalis, which has gorgeous purple triangle shaped flowers.



Right now my new plants sit on my coffee table while they wait for me to buy more pots to put them in.

It's amazing what plants can do to brighten a room, even if the room is a little bare and grungy like mine is. I'm getting new living room furniture next week, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment