Saturday, June 20, 2009

This is how I spend my Saturdays

As I wrote earlier, my mom, sisters and I go to a greenhouse every Mother's Day. I live in an apartment, so I can't plant outside like they can, but I got quite a few plants for pots inside.

I finally got nice pots today to plant my plants in! I spent the afternoon today moving my plants from their temporary plastic containers to new pretty pots.



I made a special mixture of soil, using two different kinds. My lovely's mother works in a greenhouse so I got tips from her.



The yellow and the silver pots are ones I already had. I decided I wanted a mixture of black and white pots, in a variety of sizes textures, so there's a few striped white, a solid gloss white, and two matte black pots. (on my lovely plant stand from Ikea. I wish I'd bought two!)



My apartment faces east, so I only get sun in the mornings, so I needed plants that would work well with a lot of shade.

Here's what I got:
(in the big white pot) Herbs! Cilantro, basil, oregano and parsley

(in the other white pot on the table) Goldilocks
(in the black pot on the table) Artillery Fern
(in the silver pot on the table) Christmas cactus I've had for probably 7 years. Every time I move, it seems to die a little. It looks a little sad.

(in the yellow pot on the floor) White begonias
(in the white pot on the floor) Oxalis
(in the black pot on the floor) Boston Fern

(The big leafy plant) Dieffenbachia



And while I'm talking about plants, I have to mention the huge put of chrysanthemums that Mike got me for my birthday! They're bright yellow and cheery and I love them!



You can't really see how big the flowers are, but they're probably a foot by a foot big! I love them. (Mike, do you like my use of depth of field here?)

2 comments:

  1. Ya! It's getting better. It just needs to be a little lower of a shot, then it'd be perfectamundo

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I wanted to get my lamp in it to tie in the the yellow!

    ReplyDelete