Friday, June 26, 2009

Craft

I've been meaning to post pictures of the latest craft I've finished last week.

I must admit, the project was not my idea. I stole it from Design Sponge, as per usual. They have so many good ideas!


First of all I gathered objects and arranged them into the shape of a key. I used vintage buttons, a few keys (hope they aren't for my parents' house, I couldn't remember what they were for), a clothes pin, a few jewelry charms, some key holes, and a few cut out shapes (butterflies and puzzle pieces) and other knick knacks.



Then I spraypainted all the objects a flat black. Note for future reference: do NOT spraypaint inside your apartment. The smell doesn't leave the air for hours.



Here's some of the objects. Don't they look cute? I love that they match.



Then I rearranged the items and used a glue gun to keep them in place. I took a picture when I arranged them earlier so I'd remember how they all fit together.



And it's on my wall! It's an easy craft that makes use of things you have lying around your place.

I didn't have any watercolor paper big enough to fit the frame I bought, so I used a thinner stock, which I now regret. The weight of the objects makes the paper bend at the bottom. Ah well, next time. I still like it.



While I'm on the topic of hanging pictures, I have to mention this product I found. Living in an apartment, I have a really long concrete wall that I can't put nails or hooks into.

I found a really neat product that lets you hang things on the wall. It's called Command Strips by 3M. They're essentially really strong sticky velcro/tape which you can remove without leaving any damage or holes in the wall.



I think you can hang up to 15 pounds with 3 strips on one picture, so quite a bit! Anyways, these things have been a lifesaver! No more huge white empty wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment