Friday, January 2, 2009

Bathrooms

Bathrooms are one of my favorite rooms for design because sinks and bath tubs can have such cool design and be great focal features. I'm a huge sucker for unusual and beautiful sinks.


Kasch is a company from Munich that creates what they call "overflow" tubs. They're built into the floor of the bathroom, rather than above ground, and I think they're really cool.



And, as always, Kohler has some great sinks.


One of my favorite ideas for a bathtub comes from architects Pieter Peerlings and Silvia Mertens in Belgium. I'd say more about them, but their website is in some funny language I can't read.



They found a 7.5 foot wide space between two buildings and constructed their office/house in between, in four levels.


Each floor is carefully optimized to serve a purpose, without any space going to waste and nothing unnecessary inside.



From ground floor to fourth floor, they serve as office, dining, living, and bedroom.


I especially like this idea for a house/office because it's reusing what would have otherwise been wasted space and created something useful out of it, rather than building on a new lot in a suburb. It's an idea I've never seen before, and I always love design that mashes unconventional within classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment