Saturday, August 22, 2009

New treasures

Thanks to a tip from my friend Denise, I found some great used furniture a couple days ago!



Isn't this beautiful? I love anything mid-century modern, especially with Danish influences, and this buffet is perfect for me. There's a stamp on the back that says "Chestnut Walnut", which I'm guessing means a chestnut stain on walnut wood, though I'm not sure exactly how much of the buffet is real wood. Either way, it looks great.



I've wasted no time filling the buffet up! I decided to put all my textiles and supplies in it (before they were just in various plastic bags in my closet) as I've been meaning to find a neat way of organizing them for a while now. Inside the main doors is my fabrics.



The top drawer houses all my sewing, knitting and crocheting accessories. Needles, thread, measuring tapes, pins, etc.



The middle drawer is home to all my yarns. It's just the right size to hold them.



The bottom drawer holds a crocheting blanket project that's been in the works for a few years now.


While we were picking up the buffet, I noticed another piece behind it and couldn't help but ask if it was for sale also. To my delight, it was! And for only $20!



I'm not too sure what you call these... chair-phone tables? I have no idea. But I think it's really charming, and it fits in perfectly in my entryway. I may end up putting new fabric on the seat at some point, but for now I think it's fine as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment