Saturday, August 22, 2009

DIY Antique Frame Update

I bought this antique frame a few months ago with the plans of redoing it.



The frame has great shape and details, but the gold paint wasn't working for me. Plus, whoever painted it gold didn't do the best job and left a lot of big drips.

I finally spent a few hours an evening last week on the frame. I sanded it down (turns out before it was gold, it was a beige-pink-white-ish color) to get rid of the dents and paint drips. After many many coats of a glossy black paint, it's looking great!



I bought a vintage National Geographic map of Central America from the 1970s on etsy and fit it behind the frame. There isn't any glass (or way of putting in glass), so i just taped the map to the back of the frame.



I used some more of my favorite Command3 strips to hang it against the concrete wall in my apartment.



I'm really happy with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment