Sunday, March 8, 2009

Vintage Posters

I was at St. Vital mall today with Mike and it turns out there was an antique show at the mall!

There was a lot of crap, but a lot of cool random things. I'm generally too impatient to pick through antiques too much, but one thing stood out to me (though I didn't get it).

A vintage pyrex mixing bowl from 1967!


Pyrex came out with some very cool designs with great graphics. I think I'll write a post about pyrex in the near future.


Anyways, on to what I bought. There was a booth selling old magazine ads. I found three that I figured would be cool to put in my kitchen or bathroom, in bright colorful red or yellow frames.


Here's all three, plus my toes.


The largest, probably 17 by 11 or so, it's for Eatons, from Weekend Magazine, 1963. All of these are not actually wrinkled, that's just the plastic sheet they're in.


I'm not entirely sure what this one is for. Some product called Bon Ami, I think it's some sort of powder cleaning detergent. I love the colors in the image on the left side of the ad. The copyright above the logo says it's from 1937.


Ogilvie Minute Oats ad from MacLeans magazine, November 1, 1944. This piece is advertising getting a free war-esque paper figure with a stand when you buy their oats. There are soldiers, sailors, airmen, airwomen, WRENs (not sure what that is) and CWACs.

No comments:

Post a Comment