Sunday, March 29, 2009

The best ideas are the simplest.

Since I work in advertising as a graphic designer, I'm always on the look out for trends in advertising.

I've seen a few examples lately of ads that are such simple ideas but that work so incredibly well at engaging the public. These two are projects without a huge budget, without TV spots or websites (I have to admit, I found them both on thecoolhunter). The concept is that imagery is placed large-scale on the floor, leaving interesting optical illusions.



This January 2009 ad is for a Skydiving company in Switzerland. The floor of an elevator is pasted with a sticker of an aerial view of their city. Their ad agency is a company called Wirz/BBDO Switzerland. So such a simple yet amazing concept! I love it (though I'd probably get dizzy in that elevator....).



I love this piece! Ad agency superstars Saatchi & Saatchi created this amazing ad in Jakarta, Indonesia, for pet emporium Jakpetz. As people walk through the shopping centre, the people become the fleas on the dog. I love how it isn't immediately noticed until you see it from the balconies above. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment