Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Movies and Afghans

I saw this trailer today! It looks incredible! That may have to do with the fact that they use Arcade Fire.... how can you go wrong? I'm not one to enjoy fantasy/childrens movies, but I think I might have to make an exception for this one.








And here's another trailer I just had to post. The King and I (from 1956, starring Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner was my favorite movie from about age 5 to age 10. I think I watched the entire 2+ hour long musical at at least 3 of my birthday parties (I'm surprised any of my friends came after the first time). It's such a charming movie! Anyways, the trailer is absolutely hilarious. They sure have changed in the past 50 years.




In some very good news, I finished my afghan last night! After about $110 of Vanna White yarn and 110 hours of crocheting, it's finally done. It only took me two months to finish (my last one was starting 5 years ago and still not complete...).




I don't have a camera to take nice pictures of it, so I just took a few with my iMac. You can't really see any detail or how big it is (queen size).




When I was a kid my parents had two big afghans in our family room. I liked to hang them across furniture and make forts, and I'd poke at the light coming in through the holes.


1 comment:

  1. As an encouragement to see WTWTA, its not a kids movie. They actually made the movie a few years ago and the author vetoed it because it was made as a kids movie. This new version they've made should be a little darker and worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete