Sunday, February 1, 2009

An Afghan update!

So I found this super awesome tutorial on youtube about how to make granny squares, the foundation of the afghan I'm making (essentially you just make a lot of squares and then stitch them together). At first it's a little confusing, and I had to re-watch a few parts. But after following it for a few rounds in the pattern, it's so easy!

Within two hours (which I could do in much less time now, the first time is always the trickiest), I made an entire granny square! I think it's probably 9 by 9 inches.



There's one mistake, but I'm proud of it and I'm definitely on the way to completing this project in less than 5 years. Mine is a little bit "looser" than the Urban Outfitters one, but I think it's more home-y this way, and it'll be a lot faster. Plus I couldn't find a pattern for exactly how Urban Outfitters had it. I'm very happy with my results though.

No comments:

Post a Comment