Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sewing a Curtain


One last thing I needed for my bathroom was a curtain. I'm lucky enough to have a washer and dryer in suite in my apartment, but they're a bit of an eyesore in my bathroom so I decided to make a curtain to keep them out of view, but still in easy access.



I had this Ikea fabric I bought a few years ago (long before I sewed!) and this seemed like the perfect accent to the room.

I'd never made a curtain before but this seemed easy enough. A hemmed rectangle and loops at the top. Not too tricky.





And the finished product! I still need to get a hook so I can keep the curtain to the side when I'm using the machines but I'll wait a while to get that.



Contrary to what it looked like, I ironed the curtain twice before hanging it up. I blame lighting for pointing out all the wrinkles.


2 comments:

  1. ooh wow that looks just great! So professional looking- I am impressed!
    -jenloveskev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Jen, you read my blog! Thank you so much for commenting! I'm trying to get into the design/craft blog scene and it's exciting to see you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete