Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bathroom Mini-Reno

As I talked about in my last post, my bathroom in my apartment has been lacking.



It's a lot of shades of beige and didn't really have a lot of character.



I decided to paint my bathroom last week with having some free time (I took a week off work for the holidays! It's been amazing!).

I did have a hiccup along the way though. The first paint color I picked out was an utter flop. It was called Silver Drop and was a light grey. However, with the lack of windows and horrible lighting in my bathroom, it just looked like the walls were dirty rather than being a COLOR.

Thankfully, it only takes about 1/4 of a quart can of paint and an hour to do two coats of paint, so I didn't have a problem with buying another can of paint and trying out another color.



The color I ended up with is called Rain Washed by Behr. I like it! It's a light blue/slightly aqua/greyish color and it looks really clean and fresh.





I made the print on the wall based off of one I saw on Etsy. I still want to get a better frame for it yet.





I really wish I could do something with my sink/cupboard area! It's so hideous. If I get brave enough, maybe I'll paint it. I'd probably lose my damage deposit though.



I hung up my pretty petal hooks from Anthropologie! I got them in May while we were in Seattle and hadn't had a chance to use them yet. I didn't want to hang them up on a white wall because I thought a colored wall would add more contrast and help them stand out more. Either way, I think they add a cute feminine touch to the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment