Saturday, November 14, 2009

DIY Light Fixture Facelift

I live in an apartment and can't do too much for permanent redecorating but I wanted to give a light fixture in my entranceway a facelift. All the light fixtures in my place are pretty outdated - lots of tinted glass and brass and not the most beautiful.




I had to come up with something that was removable and decided to bring nature inside. Luckily, the glass cover of the fixture is easily detachable so I thought it would be a good idea to wrap something around it. I live next to a riverbank so I walked along the bank and gathered fallen branches (not too sure what kind, they have beautiful little knubs and seeds on them though!).




A few hours of twisting twigs and gluegunning later, I had a beautiful new cover that just slips over the glass part of the lamp.















I love the shadows it casts!



The best part is that it didn't cost me a penny and I can take it with me should I decide to leave this apartment.

1 comment: