Saturday, November 14, 2009

Blog neglect :(


Sorry for neglecting my blog here - I've missed it! I've had a crazy busy fall. Lots of overtime at work working on proposals and lots of freelance keeping me busy in the evenings.

Speaking of freelance, I have a shameless plug to make. Since June, I've been working on a freelance project for an independent book publisher. I've done the cover design and interior typesetting of a book about a local Winnipeg activist named Harry Lehotsky. Harry passed away of cancer in 2006 and was well known in Winnipeg for his inner-city work, confronting pimps, working to eliminate pawn shops and helping homeless people get into stable living situations. Harry renovated a few homes that were considered unlivable into low income rental properties and established the Ellice Cafe & Theatre and was a well known minister in the area.

The book I worked on was the official biography of Harry and it was an honour to work on a project in his name. The book was launched last week and it's been great to see the support after working on it for several months now.

If you want to check out more about the Urban Saint: the Harry Lehotsky Story by Paul H. Boge, check out their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment