Friday, July 24, 2009

Secondhand fabric

Ah, I've been terrible at updating this lately. Mainly because I've been waiting to borrow Mike'scamera. Posts without pictures aren't very fun.

Since I got my sewing machine for my birthday in June, I've taken up a new interest in textiles and fabrics. Buying new fabric can be costly though, and in an effort to save some money, I've taken to buying fabrics at my local thrift store. There are so many cool fabrics there! Plus, I like the thought of repurposing old fabric rather than buying new. I mainly stick to the bed linens section because the fabric is so large there, but I'm sure for a smaller project you could sift through some old men's shirts and get enough fabric.

Anyways, here's what I picked up on my last trip.





Isn't this dotted pattern sweet? I love it. The reverse with flowers was the trim on a pillowcase that matched the sheet.





Pretty pink paisley.


I love the delicate pattern on this one.


Big blue flowers make me happy. I'm making a skirt out of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment