Monday, October 19, 2009

Before and After - Blinds

This is a bit boring, but it's something I've been meaning to do for a long time!

When I moved into this apartment, it came with these bamboo-ish blinds in the bedroom. They aren't good for much, in fact, I think the sun shines through them more than is blocked out, but since I don't have anything to replace them with, they're staying up for now.



My problem with them is that A. there was an unnecessary curtain rod in front of them, B. the cord was perpetually tangled and had a twist tie wrapped up in it and was so long it dangled on the floor, and C. they were about 9 inches too long for the window. So I decided to hack my blinds and customize them to the window.



Scissors and a glue gun later, and my blinds now fit perfectly and have a neat, small cord! And no more unnecessary brass curtain rod! I'm proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment